Our Lady of Apostle Secondary School (OLASS), Yaba Lagos started by the beginning of the Second half of the twentieth century, when the Catholic Mission realised the need to establish a girl’s Secondary School on the Mainland area of Lagos.
The institution is one of the beneficiaries of the Missionary sisters of Our Lady of Apostles; A congregation whose mission is “The Training of the Girl Child, women and Children”.
This women missionary congregation was founded in 1876 by very Rev. Fr. Augustine Planque, SMA, the first superior General of the society of the African Mission (SMA Fathers).
The sisters arrived Nigeria few years after formation and launched into education of women and children establishing schools, domestic centers and hospitals with Our Lady Of Apostles being one of them.
The Institution was established on the 23rd of January 1956 with an intake of thirty Female students only.